ENTELECHY ACADEMY LIMITED
1 About this notice
This notice (the “Privacy Notice”) provides information about how Entelechy Academy Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) gathers and uses personal information. We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of the personal information you supply to us and all data will be processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
If you do not agree with our use of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Notice, you should not submit your personal information to us. However, if you do not wish to submit your personal information, or if you wish to exercise your rights to prevent us using your data, you should be aware that we may not be able to do business with you. For more information on this, please see sections 4.1 and 7.
2 About us
We are Entelechy Academy Limited (company number 12526435), registered at 21 Navigation Business Village Navigation Way, Ashton-On-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, England, PR2 2YP. For the purposes of data privacy legislation, we will be a ‘controller’.
3 Contacting us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or the processing of personal data we hold about you, please contact us:
Entelechy Academy, 21 Navigation Business Village Navigation Way, Ashton-On-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, England, PR2 2YP
4 Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data.
4.1 Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see above).
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in a machine-readable, commonly used and structured format.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then please contact us using the details at section 3. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications. For example, if you wish to withdraw your consent or object to processing, we may need to discuss with you whether our use of your data needs to continue for other lawful purposes, such as fulfilment of a legal or contractual requirement.
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfil your request to exercise the right before this date, and may need to request more time. Where we cannot provide a full response to you for any reason, we will let you know about this in our initial reply to your request.
4.2 Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). In some cases, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, or if you request multiple copies of the information. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
4.4 What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
4.5 Right to complain
If you wish to request further information about any of the above rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your information, please contact us on the contact details contained in section 3.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or 0303 123 1113.
5 Information we collect
We collect your personal information from a variety of sources, as set out in this Privacy Notice. Where necessary we collect information directly from you or indirectly from third parties, and through your use of our website.
5.1 Information you provide to us
This section details the information we collect about you in the course of your use of our website and platform and otherwise in your interaction and correspondence with us and our representatives. We will collect:
• email addresses;
• usage data;
• phone number;
• first and last name;
• password; and
• social media accounts.
5.2 Information we collect from other sources
We will receive information about you from third parties such as third-party service providers and publicly available sources such as LinkedIn. We will collect the following information from third parties:
• basic personal details including your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details; and
• fraud enquiries (for example, information from police reports).
5.3 Information from your use of our website
We collect information about your use of our website and the devices you use. We collect information on:
• how often you access our website;
• the way in which you navigate around it;
• how long you spend on particular pages;
• the operating system, hardware, software versions, browser configuration, display size, browser configuration of the devices you use; and
• connection information such as IP addresses.
6 How we use the information we collect
6.1 General uses of information
The information which we collect and what we use it for will depend on the nature of our business relationship with you. We use your information:
• to provide you with services which you have requested and to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you;
• to continually improve our product and services
• handling payments;
• user database management;
• hosting and backend infrastructure;
• to respond to your enquiries;
• registration and authentication;
• managing contacts and sending messages;
• social features;
• infrastructure monitoring;
• displaying content from external platforms; and
• interaction with external social networks and platforms.
6.2 Information for marketing purposes
We use your information to identify products, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing messages where you have consented to such contact, where we have legitimate interest in doing so or, in the case of products and services, where these are similar to those that we have already provided to you.
You have the right to ask us not to not send you marketing messages by post, telephone or e-mail or any combination of these at any time. You can also let us know at any time that you wish to change your mind and to start receiving such messages.
You can do this:
• by replying directly to the marketing message;
• in case you wish to withdraw from all marketing communications, you can also unsubscribe from all marketing by clicking the appropriate link in any email you receive; or
• at any time by contacting us (see section 3).
Periodically, we will remind you (possibly along with other communications) that you may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive communications from us. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will cease to send you such communications as mentioned above.
7 Our bases for collecting and using the information
We are entitled to use your personal data in the ways set out in this Privacy Notice on the following bases:
• users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner; and
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party in:
• ensuring the quality of the products and services we provide to you;
• collecting information for marketing purposes;
• communicating with you;
• the physical security of our premises (with regard to CCTV); and
• statistical analysis;
If provision of your personal information is a legal or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with us, and you choose not to provide it, we may not be able to perform some of the tasks we need to in order to provide certain products or services to you.
If you do choose to provide your consent you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us (see section 3).
8 Sharing your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as detailed in this Privacy Notice.
Where necessary, we disclose your personal data to third parties that are specifically engaged by us to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us. The following is a list of the types of third parties we may share your information with:
• system administration;
• technical service providers;
• mail carriers;
• hosting providers;
• IT companies; and
• communications agencies.
9 Where we store your information
We may transfer, use and/or store your personal information outside of the U.K. and the laws of some of these destination countries may not offer the same standard of protection for personal information as countries within the U.K. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the U.K. who work for us or for one of our suppliers (for example, those who supply support services to us). Details of the countries into which we transfer your data is available at request.
Transfers to our third-party service providers are to enable them to use and store your personal information on our behalf. We will, however, put in place appropriate security procedures in order to protect your personal information. Where your information is transferred to any country outside the U.K., we ensure that this is done using specific legally-approved safeguards. You can request further details and a copy of these safeguards by contacting us (see section 3).
10 Keeping your information
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which it was provided. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which you can request by contacting us.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
• our contractual and business relationships with you;
• legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
• statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
• (potential) disputes; and
• guidelines issued by relevant supervisory authorities.
We may be allowed to retain your information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential and will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws. We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to help protect your personal data against loss and to guard against access by unauthorised persons. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
In addition, those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who process your personal data will only do so on our instructions and they will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
12 Links to other websites
Links on our website may take you to third party sites over which we have no control. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours. You should review any privacy notices on those linked websites. We are not responsible for any linked websites.
13 Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add to, or remove portions from, our Privacy Notice. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that many internet sites automatically download to a user’s computer, phone or tablet’s hard disk. They are primarily used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of a website, improve the functionality of a website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
What cookies will this website use and for what purpose?
• Single session cookies. These enable this website to keep track of your movement from page to page in order to ensure that you will not be asked for the same information you have previously given during your visit to this website. These cookies allow you to proceed through this website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. We may use such cookies to analyse user behaviour, such as which pages have been visited during the session, in order to improve your overall experience, for example by enabling us to determine and display more relevant content.
• Persistent cookies. These cookies enable us to collect information such as the number of visitors to this website and the pages visited (in aggregate) in order to analyse user behaviour. This information is collected in an anonymous form and will be collated with similar information received from other users to enable us to compile reports in order to develop and improve user experience by displaying more tailored and relevant content.
This data is collected primarily for monitoring the usage and performance of our website. We may use your IP address and track browser types to build a profile of our users.
Further information about cookies
For further information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
You can set your web browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result. The way in which you adjust your browser security setting varies from browser to browser.